The Park-Memorial dedicated to Bulgarian-Soviet Friendship was initially designed as a monument to Soviet Army. It was built on Crane Hill (in the northernmost part of Varna), at a height of 110 m.
That is the biggest monument in the entire Varna area - its height is 23 m and its width - 48 m. The structure comprises two dynamic forms got together, built as an open composition.
Varna sculptors Alyosha Kafedzhiiski and Eugene Barumov worked out the colossal figures of 4 soldiers for the north, and 3 women - for the south wing.
A staircase of 301 steps leads from the base of the hill to its top - the so-called Staircase of Victory. The number of the steps, together with the steps along the park alleys, exceeds 2,400. At the base of the hill, the beginning of the staircase is flanked by a 22-meter-high memorial wall. The inscriptions, bronze-engraved, tell about the historic ties between Bulgarian and Russian peoples from 1774 to 1994.
The Park-Memorial was solemnly inaugurated on November 13, 1978.
GPS: 43.219003, 27.948977